Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Vampire!!

We got out early today and we were both in good moods. I tried to keep everything light and happy full well knowing where we were going. Today is the day that Little Miss A gets to have her blood drawn. I didn't take her to the regular Lab that we usually go to because she knows the place and starts screaming the second we pull into the parking lot. So today I took her to another location (actually closer to our house) to keep her calm and not get her too stressed out. She was happy go lucky even when we went back into the drawing room. She piled up into my lap just like she was doing in the lobby. The nurse came over and check to see which vein she thought would be best. I told her that they normally take the blood from her right arm because the vein is better but the one in her thigh is best. The nurse used what is called a Butterfly needle and cath to fill the 4 viles that were needed for all the tests to be done. Little Miss A was a very brave little girl and only cryed out when the nurse first put in the needle in her little arm. When it was over she was so very week. I felt so bad for her. Then they wanted to get a unrine sample from her. Gee that would have been nice to know that before we went, I wouldn't have had her go potty before we left the house had I known. Oh well it took us about two hours and finally she did the deed! :o)

We won't have the results for about two weeks. As soon as I get them I will let you all know the results so that you all can be kept in the loop!

This afternoon both kiddo's had gymnastics and they did wonderful. Next week starts the new classes for both. Mr. G will be in a calss that will be grooming him for competition and Little Miss A is going into the advanced class for her age! Both are very happy with this. We will also be changing days and times to Thurs from 5:30 to 7:30 over all. Mr G has a new coach who is also a judge and a former Olympian. Little Miss A also will have a new teacher and she is suppose to be really good and a former level 10 competitor. Sounds like they are both going to be happy with their new teachers and classes.

No comments:

slide show